Collectively all information that you submit to V.W.M. Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and / or when you use certain features
of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
V.W.M. Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 03499278 whose registered office is at Lodge Holme Skipton Road, Trawden, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 8RA.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by V.W.M. Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to V.W.M. Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
The website that you are currently using, www.vwm.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b. References to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses,
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and
d. “Including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from
this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. Job title
d. Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
e. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
f. IP address (automatically collected)
g. Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
h. Operating system (automatically collected)
i. A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site
you exit to (automatically collected)
j. Enquiry type
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, V.W.M. Limited is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. If you have an
account with us, we will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long
as needed to provide services to you and, as further needed for us to comply with our
global legal and contractual obligations.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party
disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third
parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data
Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to
provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. Within marketing materials for V.W.M. Limited which would include your name,
company name, title and any comments from yourself about our services provided to you.
b. Postal correspondence.
c. Internal record keeping.
d. Improvement of our products / services.
e. Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you.
f. Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax
or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
g. Own company marketing Mailshots.
10. V.W.M. Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for
dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The
providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by
Users of this Website.
11. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no
control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites.
12. V.W.M. Limited may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may
involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of V.W.M. Limited. Data
provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred,
be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will,
which it was originally supplied to us.
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is
15. Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our
use of that Data. This may include the following:
16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes
17. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by V.W.M.
Limited (where such Data is held). V.W.M. Limited tries to be as open as it can be
in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can
find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access
request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998. If we do hold information about
you we will:
● give you a description of it;
● tell you why we are holding it;
● tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
● let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to V.W.M. Limited for any personal information we may hold or
to request you data to be deleted, you need to put the request in writing.
18. Data security is of great importance to V.W.M. Limited and to protect your Data we
have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard
and secure Data collected via this Website.
19. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission
of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We
cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
20. This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. V.W.M.
our range of products and services. V.W.M. Limited has carefully chosen these
Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at
21. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU
22. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a
message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to
the placing of Cookies, you are enabling V.W.M. Limited to provide a better experience
and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies;
however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
23. This Website may place the following Cookies:
24. Type of Cookie Purpose Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are
required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that
enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of
25. Like most websites, our site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We
use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand
how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser
and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also
records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but
Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data
26. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default,
most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details,
please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
27. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any
information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently
including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
28. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to- date and that
you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser
if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
rights will not be affected.
part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision
will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability
31. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right
or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
32. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England
and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be
immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of
You may contact V.W.M. Limited by email at email@example.com.